You’ve probably heard of probiotic at some point in your life, but what are they really? Essentially they are the “good” bacteria that helps balance your gut and keeps your digestive system in check. It also assist in the absorption of nutrients and helps fight infection. Prebiotics on the other hand are the fibers or “food” that feeds the probiotics that live within your gut.
The probiotics benefits begin in the gut. The gut (digestive tract) is responsible for 70-80% of your immune system. That is an astounding percentage. Not to mention, the gut is responsible for 80-90% of your serotonin levels. That is your “feel good” hormone. Have you ever thought your depression could directly be correlated to the health of your gut?
So let’s list off some of the benefits:
- Better mental clarity
- Digestive Health
- Immunity boost
- Healthier looking skil
- Fights off free radicals
- Decrease in antibiotic resistance
- Decreases infammation
- Controls food allergies
- Helps with prevention of diabetes
- Dental Health
- Weight loss
HOW TO GET THEM IN YOUR SYSTEM?
- Eat more fermented foods (kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha, apple cider vinegar, kefir)
- Take a quality pro-biotic supplement
- Feed to good bacteria with high fiber food (flax seed, chia seed, organic fruits and veggies)